Magazines you'll find
in the lobbies of hotels.
15, 1995 08:38
8:20 Kimi Ryokan; Tokyo-Japan :: 15 JUN 95
Beverly Hills Ate Her Face
by Cintra Wilson
- Beware, children, beware
- The gorgon of excessive plastic surgery.
- She bought her skin from the sun and
- Her body from the knife
- To turn men into slobbering lust lackeys.
- Now her warranties have expired,
- And all creatures flee in gibbering horror
- From her reupholstered face,
- Tucked, chopped, dyed and pasted
- Like particle board or tater tots.
- Stand not in her freon glare,
- Her pill-addled queenliness radiating
- Through Ty-D-Bol-Flavored eyes.
- She was transformed by surgeons
- Splicing feverishly
- With the abandon of rabid lawnmowers,
- hacking their work into her face
- As lovelessly as the word FUCK
- Is carved into a park bench.
- There are thousands more like her,
- Mottling the bistros of Beverly Hills
- With their frightful, scorched heads.
- Love your faces, children,
- Lest you become one of them.
- Cintra Wilson in Esquire magazine;
Originally published with illustrations.
Patrick. -- Responses Sought --
You have to surrender, to love not being what you wanted.
In order to find what you truly need. To discover your inner nature. That's
the only journey there is. Forget the space station.
- Harvey Keitel, Actor
Interviewed in Esquire, September, 1993